Saturday, February 06, 2010

Small Butterflies

Since this is a "snow day", decided to put up my feet and practice some tatting.
I used a beginner level pattern for butterflies.
I kept at it & found they became easier as I went along.
these are done with #10 crochet cotton.
I would like to try using a finer fiber - but, for learning - #10 is a pretty good size (IMO).
The most challenging thing for me is getting the picot the same size
THEN, trying to get the rings close together without GAPS!!!
maybe will have better luck tomorrow.

4 comments:

sewmuchfun4 said...

I think your butterflies look great - very well done!

I'm still a novice tatter, but I am finding that picots are getting easier to keep even without measuring. It's like being able to eyeball a quarter inch seam. It seems to just get easier. Also, I am finding that most of the time picot length is a matter of preference, unless a short picot is required for joining.

:) Ann

Stitch Wizard said...

I just love your butterflies! I may have to try tatting again sometime? It is such a beautiful lost art and I love the colorful threads you used to do these beauties!!

Tommye said...

You're doing a wonderful job! I think they are lovely. I keep meaning to learn tatting, but keep procrastinating. You inspire me.

Myrna said...

those are sooo awesome! You are so talented!

LinkWithin