Tuesday, November 30, 2010

restless + wandering


Woke to a gloomy, overcast, rainy morning.
Matched my mood, oh so blue.
I couldn't stay home.
Didn't have it in me to be in the house all day long.
Grabbed my i-pod loaded with new music from DD.
(Pink, Shakira, Burlesque sound trac, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Bruno Marz, Glee)
Grabbed DS's camera + started out of the house.
Drove thru rain, sleet, snow flurries.
Ended up in Indianapolis, IN (yeah, I know!)

Toured Madeleine Albright: Read My Pins exhibit.
Guess what? The book photos don't do the pins justice.
They are mounted + have tons of information.
I was touched viewing the Katrina Pin
which I heard about in a cbs interview.

And, Andy Warhol Enterprises exhibit was fun!
Loved the wall of portraits - from Interview covers.
Even had a Michael Jackson.

Swung by a couple of my fav paintings,
bought a Marilyn Monroe pin (how could I not?)
+ headed home, spirits soaring.

Knew the lace exhibit was closing on Friday.
Stopped at Lafayette Lacer's Exhibit in Lafayette.
I enjoyed it today as much as I did
when with GFs (on our road trip).
The tatted ornaments on the tree are fabulous.
Oh, if only I had that much talent - will keep practicing!

I came home to happy pets +
plan to finish reading Madeleine Albright's book.
It was interesting reading, but now that I've actually seen the pins,
the book is even better.

Yesterday, I finished The Swan Thieves.
Some gave iffy reviews, I enjoyed it.
It was a complicated love story.
Real love, with real issues and complications.
I enjoyed the characters, the inspirations, the artisist in all of us can celebrate.

No comments:

LinkWithin