Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tollway Tatters ..... Part I

What a wonderful gathering of tatting friends.   

We chat, share recent finds, enjoy lunch (bring or buy),
bring recently purchased books & patterns, share hints & tips 
 take pictures --- and we TAT!  Really, we do!

Tatting by Denise:

Gemma Alphecca tatted star

pattern in November 2012 issue of

Denise had a few stars tatted.   I think she said
fiber used was Lizbeth Pineapple Parfait.

Denise gifted each of us with 
a new to me tool --- called hackle pliers.
They are a nice size + I've used them already!

She also brought stunning shuttles
one with a frog charm - too cute!!!
There is a photo HERE.

(Barbara, Denise, Sue Anna)

Tatting by Sue Anna aka The Scribinator:

tatting up a beaded earring around a
jewelry finding.  Spectacular color choice.


In addition to a lovely tatted cross pattern,
Sue Anna brought these to share ....

Chocolate Shortbread Cookies ..... Yes, Chocolate Shortbread!!!
She brought plain cookies and fancy ones.
Ah, too yummie!

Sue Anna had a nifty plastic box with trays -
A tackle box for tatters!!! I should have taken a picture ---
What a fun way to cargo tatting gear ; )

She had a woven hand cloth, too - which
I didn't get a photo of!!!!   She made on
a small loom.   

(On the left side of table Diane's hands (cell phone), Marilee
and Denise on the right)

Do you see the plastic bin next to Marilee's
left arm?
Marilee shared beautiful wool/silk
hand dye fiber - there were several colors
to choose from; however, I couldnt resist
Peace.

Marilee was using her Filigree Earring Pattern
and creating a companion piece.
My photo was blurry - so, check out photos on
 Diane's blog to see what she was up to!!!

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I always look forward to our gatherings. They're so much fun, and I come home with lots of ideas!

Marilee Rockley said...

Tollway Tatters is always a great time!

LinkWithin