Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Tollway Tatters gather .... Part One

Barbara, Marlene, Diane, Nancy, Marilee standing
Me, Sue Anna sitting

 (Photograph taken by "Cathy B" blogging at With Needle + Thread; My Adventures in Stitching -- LINK HERE). 
Cathy B + Diane (blogging at Lace-Lovin' Librarian)
Cathy adding stitches to her delicate stitching band - and my mind is lost as the name of the sampler is escaping.   She brought her 2017 completed 'red sampler' -- oh my the alphabets!   Delicate motifs and alphabets.  PLUS, Cathy tatted a ring - with picots!   Multi crafter.   

[edited - somehow I deleted a sentence!]

Cathy brought some show-n-tell ... lovely tatting made by her Mom, Marlene.  And, had a small pincushion with her Mom's tatting mounted on wool and finished into pincushions.   I didn't photo the one she brought --- this is one that I own:   
Perfect for a couple pins, a frogger, small enough to put in my bag.   (Frogger made by Barbara.  Barbara shared some of her beads/gems she uses to add some weight to the froggers she creates.)
The other pincushion I have - is next to my sewing machine.   A bit larger and mounted into the lid of a vintage mason jar:  



Diane tatting another section of "Masquerade" pattern by Mary Konior.  Lovely colors!  Beautiful tatting!
Thx Diane for sharing your pattern and bag of goodies with all of us!  




Nancy amazes me with her tatting --- needle tatting.   I am a shuttle tatter (create tatting using a shuttle).   Nancy creates tatting with a needle.   Her tatting included beads!   
And I remembered to ask about 'knots'.   Nancy said knot before starting the chain - and depending on the pattern, knot at the end of the chain.



Part Two - tomorrow .....








3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You amaze me! If Sue Anna hadn't taken pictures with my phone, I wouldn't have had any. I was too busy chatting and eating chocolate banana bread! It was a lovely day, and I'm looking forward to meeting again in August!

Cathy B said...

It was a lovely day. So glad we had the opportunity to meet in person again!

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful to be able to meet up with other tatters!

LinkWithin