Friday, May 21, 2010

small bits of tatting

I am really tired of people asking
me what I'm going to 'do' with
the stuff I make - whatever I'm
creating, I'm doing it because I enjoy it.

I don't care if I finish 'it'

I don't care if I start 'it' and set 'it' aside

Whem I'm creating, there is a flow - and
that is the best part of my day,
before turning in for the evening,
spending some creative time to put aside
all the stressors during the day

I found a few styles of
cards at the local Hallmark store -
with open round areas in the middle.

They sell stickers - I sew bits of
tatting to the cards.

I continue to share with family & friends
who seem to love me no matter what I'm into!

I joined the Ring of Tatters
and got my booklet in the mail.

Not sure if I can manage any of the patterns (yet)!!!

I'm going to attempt more tatting next week
and give those split rings another go ...

Here is our Honey Bunny
taking advantage
of a brief
bit of sunshine.

She is fun to have around the house.

5 comments:

sewmuchfun4 said...

I'm pretty lucky, none of my family or friends ever ask me what I'm going to do with my sewing or tatting. They get that it is just part of me and what I enjoy. I no longer consider any time spent on my hobbies a waste of time even if there is no apparent finished product.

I DID see an interesting idea for tatted bits here though:

http://modpodgerocks.blogspot.com/2010/05/doilies-are-coming-back-with-vengence.html

I think that could be fun for a little box top!

:) Ann

Karol said...

I happen to love it when you send me those little bits of tatting!!!! I thought the card was adorable. One of these days you are going to have to teach me.

Typstatting said...

I also dont get asked it is my hobby and I enjoy making things whether it is for some one or just for me!

Tatskool said...

I constantly get asked what I am going to do with my tatting. I don't need to DO anything with it. I just do it! Good luck with the ROT designs, enjoy.

Gina said...

Bravo! Good for you! The joy is in the journey ~ the destination matters not.

LinkWithin