Monday, October 27, 2014

Hop Around the World



Gracie, blogging at Needles, Pins, and Dragonflies, invited me to join the 

Blog Hop Around the World

Grace has a fabulous blog.  She usually has oodles of projects in the works, participates  in swaps, round robins, + exchanges.   Her tatting is beautiful!    Take a peek and enjoy her needlework, tatting, sewing, and beautiful garden/nature photos.     Btw - chocolate.   Grace enjoys chocolate, tea (after morning coffee), and collects thimbles.    

To continue the global hop -- don't miss these great sites:

CathyB blogging at With Needle + Thread.   
Cathy has spectacular hardanger + needlework projects on her blog, many from special workshops and events.  Her stitching and finishing are marvelous.  In addition to Cathy's projects, i enjoy the special posts about Hovej Embroidery and about her Mom (who tats)!   Enjoy traveling along with Cathy and enjoy her special blog.

Barbara, blogging at Mainley Stitching.
Barbara has a wonderful blog with animals, creative needlework & projects PLUS the family 'chateau chaos' activities.   In addition to Cathy's blog [above],  this is one of the first few blogs I ever read!   In addition to needlework, I've always enjoyed the animal and garden photographs.  Following Barbara's writing/posts is always a pleasure - never know what she will showcase in her near-daily posts.



1. What am I working on?

currently in my needlework tote:

Stitching workshop piece - Old Saybrooke Sampler

Bent Creek - Autumn Row
C Street Samplerworks -  Mary Hannah Gipson Sampler
Biscornu SAL 
Scarlet Letter (Year w/Scarlet  Letter)
Homespun elegance pieces  

In my tatting bag:

a couple workshop pieces from Lace Day[s]
Mini-tats book
Japanese tatting kit + couple patterns
Half-embellished origami bag with tatting motifs and edges.

Also enjoy my small pin loom (weaving), sewing - esp origami bags, fabric flower making/embellishing w tatting, sketching / drawing, punch needle   [other things in the works, too]


2. How does my work differ from others?

Most people actually finish!   i tend to enjoy the journey.    

3. Why do I write/create what I do?


I have no idea.   I just start itching to be creative and I find projects speak louder than words.   It is fun to follow a pattern-make small changes so it remains unique.   Or, a bit more challenging - to have an idea and follow thru to a 'finish'... or, you know - buy a pattern because it inspires you!!!

4. How does my writing/creating process work?

 For many years, i have had problems sleeping.   And,  when I settle down and focus on an in-hand project, I can relax, rest, and it has a restorative effect.    





















1 comment:

gracie said...

Love visiting with.....

LinkWithin