Monday, April 15, 2024

Tatted Icicles: "Drop Icicle 1"

Saturday, had Tatting instruction and started an original pattern
Drop Icicle 1
by Carolyn R (member of Lafayette Lacemakers).

It was/is a very nice pattern.    Excellent diagrams.   
Not much to show for the tatted project, but will continue and finish it.
I also have "Drop Icicle 2" kit to tat.

The drop icicle is tatted with Size 20 Lizbeth (white fiber) and beautiful beads.   
I think they are 2mm Bicone beads.    
Carolyn had the shuttles wound with the beads!!  Yay.  So we had more time for tatting instruction, going over the pattern, tips for the beads, adding beads to fiber, etc ... and started the piece.

For the next couple of meetings (May & June) the programs will be on Ice Drops. 
Tatted [Rings/Chains/Beads & some with split rings/beads]
and also patterns for Bobbin Lace Ice Drops. 
In addition, Bobbin Lace ornaments w/beads (I think 3 patterns).   

I saw all the designs/patterns - totally GOBSMACKED.   
We will be busy lacemakers this Spring.
Cannot wait until next meeting of the Lafayette Lacemakers.

And if you are in the neighborhood, stop in.


 

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds like fun.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What fun! Please say hi to Carolyn for me when you see her. I often think of her and the other Lafayette Lacemakers I have met.

LinkWithin