Sunday, January 04, 2009

2008 Book List

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry ***** ... btw, this was really, really good!!!
Lauren Groff: The Monsters of Templeton*****
Kate Jacobs: Friday Night Knitting Club *****
Kate Jacobs: Knit Two*****
Maeve Binchy: Whitethorn Woods *****
Maeve Binchy Scarlet Feather
Kate Atkinson: One Good Turn
Kate Atkinson: When Will There Be Good News
Paulo Coelho: The Alchemist *****
Susan Vreeland:A Girl in Hyacinth Blue A novel of short stories about the ownership of a Vermeer Painting ... or is it a Vermeer? *****
Amy Bloom: Away (read it & listened on audio book -- I felt like I missed a few turns in the story - tho, even the second time around for this novel, was confused, would be perfect for a reading circle)
Tom Perrotta: The Abstinence Teacher
Nancy Horan: Loving Frank
Anne Tyler: The Amateur Marriage: A Novel
Ann Brashares: The Last Summer (Of You & Me)
Arthur Lee Herman: Waiting for the Fall, ISBN 1-930259-48-4
Anne Rice: Christ the Lord
Sue Miller: The Senator's Wife
Annie Dillard: The Maytrees
Michael Connelly: Echo Park
Alice Hoffman: The Third Angel
Janet Fitch: White Oleander
William Golding: Lord of the Flies
Margaret Lawrence: Hearts and Bones
Joanne Harris: Chocolat
Philippa Gregory: The Other Boleyn Girl
Lillian Jackson Braun: The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers
Judith Guest: Tarnished Eye
JoAnn Harris: Gentlemen & Players
Harlan Coben: Hold Tight
Fern Michaels: Week-end Warriors (IMO-terrible book)
Henry James: The Portrait of a Lady
Jennifer Crusie: Faking It
Cecelia Ahern: PS, I Love You
Cecelia Ahern: Rosie Dunne
Jane Green: To Have and To Hold
Jane Green: The Beach House
Jane Green: Second Chance
Luanne Rice: What matters Most
Luanne Rice: Sandcastles
Luanne Rice: Dance With me
Luanne Rice: Light of the Moon (Pretty good!)
Jennifer Chiaverini: The Winding Ways Quilt
Jennifer Chiaverini: The Quilter's Kitchen (more recipe than story)
Stephenie Meyer: Twilight, Young Adult Fiction
Stephenie Meyer: New Moon, Young Adult Fiction
Stephenie Meyer: Eclipse, Young Adult Fiction
Stephenie Meyer: Breaking Dawn, Young Adult Fiction (series my children insisted I read)
Sophie Kinsella: Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
Sophie Kinsella: Shopaholic Ties the Knot
Sophie Kinsella: Shopaholic and Baby
Sophie Kinsella: Can You Keep A Secret? (laughed thru this one!!)
Sophie Kinsella: The Undomestic Goddess
Sophie Kinsella: Shopaholic & Sister
(My sister gave me one & they are just a hoot to read!)
Janet Evanovich & Leanne Banks: Hot Stuff
Janet Evanovich: Plum Lucky
Janet Evanovich: Plum Lovin'
Janet Evanovich: Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, No. 14)
Janet Evanovich: Foul Play -- IMO, not that great
Ann M Martin & Laura Godwin: The Doll People, Youth Fiction
Ann M Martin & Laura Godwin: The Meanest Doll in the World, Youth Fiction
Ann M Martin & Laura Godwin: The Runaway Dolls, Youth Fiction
Kathy Reichs: Fatal Voyage (well written, just kinda ikky -- just not my kind of book)

Rev 4January2009

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiya are these books you have read this year if so my goodness well done i love reading but juggle it with stitching so my reading progress has been quite slow..

Crazee4books said...

Hi again Lelia,

What am I reading right now???
Well, because of the situation
with my mom my reading time has
been severely diminished in the
past few weeks. I am still
reading book three in Robin
Hobbs last Farseer series,
also known as the Tawny Man
trilogy. At nine hundred pages
it's a big read, but I'm loving
it.

I've seen The Lace Reader
mentioned on many blogs and its
on my "Gotta Get" list. I also
want the new book by Maeve
Binchy. Kelley Armstrong has a
new one out, and I love her.
She's paranormal fiction. My
favourite historical fiction
author Sharon Kay Penman has a
new book out which is part of
a trilogy on Eleanor of Aquitaine
and Henry II. There are books by
Jodi Picoult and Kathy Reichs to
add to my collections too. Theres
an author name Elizabeth Bear
whose books sound very interesting
and Kate Morton has a book called
The House at Riverton which I've
heard good things about.

Are you sorry you asked yet??

My book shelves downstairs are
filled to bursting and I have
no where else to put the new
stuff. Guess it'll soon be time
to purge.

Have you ever read The Time
Traveler's Wife by Audrey
Niffenegger??? If not I highly
highly recommend it!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

hiya i have tagged you lol its fun have a go and take a look at my blog thanks..

LinkWithin