Monday, April 29, 2013

Playing with fibers on the Zoom Loom


Having very little knowledge of yarns + weaving fibers,
I used a wool/silk 50/50 HD fiber on the loom.
Was too thin with one strand, so tried with 2 strands.
The square is colorful and light!

The fiber was a gift from Marilee, blogging at Yarnplayer.

Will continue to experiment with some stash tumbling around the closet:
and, I'm so curious about this textured stuff ...

I have an order placed with WEBS (having an Anniversary Sale going on) + hope the yarn is as yummy in hand as shown on their web site.     I visited the Schacht site today, looking at their projects (newsletter + pdf files) and saw how they attach the squares together - on the diagonal, straight edge-to-edge, etc.     Right now, I'm just 'playing' with fibers, and ignoring the household chores.   Maybe some day will get an idea and actually complete a project using the squares!!!     

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the way Marilee's yarn turned out! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

LinkWithin