Friday, September 07, 2018

treasures

 Nope.   Not a shuttle.   It is a plastic pin!  But I liked it and wanted it for my tatting tote.   A fun $5 find.

This lovely mug, with lace/button imprints was purchased at the Lubznik Art festival.   The maker said she uses crochet lace to imprint the pieces.  It is perfect in my sewing room.     https://www.undertheglaze.com/


 Lucky me with talented friends.   GF Beth made this delightful scissor holder -- The specialty stitches are stunning!!!


If you follow tatting blogs ... you will be familiar with Umi and Tsuru's blog.   She has hosted a few giveaways & I was one of the winners!   I know, right?   A beautiful pearl bracelet - and I've worn it several times.
 http://umintsuru.blogspot.com/2018/07/cream-pearl-bracelet.html.   Knowing you are familiar with the tatting -- don't hesitate to check out the jewelry, too!!! 


Not much tatting to share .... My sister was here for a visit (August) and we visited many vintage stores, antique malls, 2nd hand places.   The little clear box and drawers is fun for shuttles.    These 2 shuttles were spotted (and purchased) by my sister. 
 My sister is great to shop with.   She knows the good stuff from the not-so-great stuff, and has a good eye for value. 
  Isn't this cool? ($7 container)    It looks like it is made from the same plastic as some of my tatting shuttles.   


In the photo below, I made up some dish dresses for friends.   A spring cleaning sort of gift!!!  Knitting these charming dresses is a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a lovely array of pictures! I really like your shuttle shaped pin and your coffee mug. I haven't been shopping with my sister in a long time. She also has an eye for quality and value. I have never yet found a vintage shuttle when I've been in an antique store. Your new-to-you shuttles are lovely!

Madtatter80 said...

Wonderful pictures and I too have a shuttle looking pin and wore it to tatting days :)

God's Kid said...

Lots of treasures!! :)
Cute little dresses!! :)
Hope to see you again-maybe at Tollway Tatters coming soon. ;)

LinkWithin