Sunday, June 23, 2019

Butterfly

Probably my favorite thing to tat .... simple butterfly.   Especially fun to use up bits of fiber left on the shuttles! 

Top left, blue thread ( upholstery thread sample from Diana aka Lace Lovin' Librarian) + blue delica beads. 
Top right - double wound two size 20 Lizbeth fibers  &  beads { shuttle emptying }.   
Lower left, double wound size 20 Lizbeth & blue upholstery thread sample. 
Lower right, Spooky Size 10, Yarnplayer's HDT & beads. 

What fun!   A small key chain w/tatting inserted.   Part of a gift from Diane.   She is generous, shared part of her stash!    If you check her blog, you'll see her tatted keys.   Now that she gifted a key, I'll need to give it a try ; )


I use my own pattern (in the side bar of this blog),  Carol's butterfly.   


If you are new to tatting, a step by step can be found here:  https://lafayettelacemakers.blogspot.com/p/carols-butterfly.html

Or, I tat simple floral doodles.   Tat up quickly and nice way to empty shuttles! 






3 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Sweet butterflies. I like the addition of beads.

Madtatter80 said...

Lovely little beauties, and Diane's gifts are always fabulous!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I seldom think of tatting butterflies. I should! Little girls love them!

LinkWithin