Friday, November 06, 2020

IOLI: Introduction to Bobbin Lace (3rd post)

These two projects are from  A 12-Hour Introduction to Bobbin Lace

Instructor: Karen Thompson.    When I checked the website, this is still being offered - so, if interested, check out the LINK.   


Pattern:   First Torchon Sampler:

cKaren H Thompson, 2020


I am using perle coton No. 8:  colors 743, 799, 224, 471, and 3042.  I think there are a few mistakes - esp. forgetful with 'twists'.   Planning to try this one again with Lizbeth fibers.



Delightful to have lace bobbin patterns to practice bobbin lace!
A challenge to get the whole project into one photo.   This is Jean Jagendorf's Midland's Bobbin pattern.
I used DMC perle coton # 758 (orange), 3823 (creme), 932 (blue), 225 (pink), 3743 (purple), 368 (green).

I'm not 100% certain I got all the 'twists' added.   Planning to do this one in LizBeth fibers.



There is a follow-up class in December (via Zoom) offered by The Lace Museum.  
  Just Beyond the Basics of Bobbin Lace

Instructor: 
Karen Thompson


Actually, there are a number of interesting workshops listed on their webpage.   https://www.thelacemuseum.org/workshops.html







1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I enjoy seeing your bobbin lace projects! I did have fun with bobbin lace for a short time, but I have no regrets about leaving the bobbin lace to others!

LinkWithin