Saturday, May 01, 2021

Skill-Building 3


This is another session thru the Lace Museum, March 2021.
Rose ground, Gimp, & Spanish Fan Lace
Skill-Building 3 (Formerly Further Beyond the Basics)
pattern c. Karen h Thompson, 2021.

This was a challenge for me.  I found it difficult to get the sections 'right'.   I finally got the hang of it - The rose ground (the gold sections) seem easier to do now.   
I used perle coton #8 738, 600, 503, and 3687.   perle coton #5 color 3688.
There are a couple more patterns included with the session that I look forward to doing.

Since my next session (new pattern - Trails) is on Friday, 
I see I need to finish this on up!



If you haven't already --- check out Marilee Rockley's blog post!
https://yarnplayertats.blogspot.com/2021/05/spring-giveaway.html
She has a Spring Giveaway going ; )


EDITED 2 May 2021:    Dianne, the pincushion was a gift from GF Sue (does not blog).    It is a pattern by Prairie Schooler.   

 Nearly there ... 










 

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Pretty! I’ve seen seen rose ground made with half stitches only. But, I prefer the ctct corners like yours, much neater.
I love that cross stitch pincushion.

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds as though you’re making progress, good for you. I had the opportunity to learn bobbin lace but decided tatting was enough!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I greatly admire anyone who practices bobbin lace. I think it's beautiful, just not something that kept my interest for very long.

Ellafanta said...

It´s very beautiful and some very nice colour

LinkWithin