Friday, February 11, 2022

2022 TIAS ---- oops!




So, I get a pleasant e-mail from Jane Eborall each day I have participated in the tatting game.   
This time I read:

"Can you check that the chains are lock chains?  I can't quite tell from your picture.  If not can you just replace the last 15 of the doubles or it won't work out properly?  You may have done lock chains but I can't see!!!!"

   
 Yes, I knew I hadn't made lock chains.

If you knit,
you know it as T I N K.

If you are a needleworker,
you know it as F R O G 
Rip It, Rip It 
out ....

Not sure what unknotting your tatting is called.
Retro?  Undo?
Never mind opening a closed ring.


Giving Day-11 and Day-12 another try : )




2 comments:

Berkshire Tatter said...

Thank you so much for finding the video and the handout. I am a bit behind and was reading ahead on the directions. Decided that I needed to look for directions and/or video on how to do the lock chain. You have made my day! Thank you again.

Jane McLellan said...

A struggle perhaps? Undoing tatting is so much more laborious than tinking or frogging!

LinkWithin