Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Bobbin Lace: Bauble

 This is a class piece via The Lace Museum thru Zoom.     This is one of the Skill Building Workshops for Bobbin Lace.

Pattern is Magic Thread Bauble 2.3    
cKaren H Thompson. 

For this class piece, I used DMC Perle Coton #5 colors 815, 3688, 818, 733, 611, & 746.   Nice to learn using magic thread technique in place of knots for finishing.

These are two that I finished.   One on right has beads added.  One on left ends with small tassel (which may need some more fibers).   PC #5 colors DMC Blanc and DMC 210.

I started this one with PC #8 colors DMC 340 and Anchor 926.

The pattern can be made up as earrings, pendant, or hanging ornament.   
Beads or no beads.  Tassel or no tassel.   

Aside from the bobbin lace, there are other virtual education classes offered.   Needlelace, Dorset Buttons, Pattern Designing, etc.  







 

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very nice! I've given away all of my bobbin lace supplies, but I still enjoy seeing others work their magic!

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful to be able to learn remotely, well done.

LinkWithin