Saturday, November 05, 2022

Sharing ...

 In October, I participated in the Feast of the Hunters' Moon


  I was at the Lafayette Lacemaker booth.   I had a couple easy to tat projects - of tatting edges.     It was a challenge (for me), to use shuttles made out of horn without a hook or pic!    When I needed to join, had a crochet hook made of bone.   I had a 2-shuttle project of split rings and a shuttle + ball of thread for rings/chains pattern.    

These are the Tatting patterns I used at the Feast of the Hunters' Moon:


Tatting:   Split Rings


Wind Two Shuttles (CTM*)

Ring:  5 - 5 - 5 - 5 , cl 

Split Ring:  5 - 5 / 5 - 5 , cl
Continue split rings until the desired length


* Winding your shuttles with the continuous thread method. (CTM)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tatting:   Ball and Shuttle


Wind shutle, do not cut from the ball of fiber.

R1:  4 - 4 - 4 - 4 , cl rw

Chain:  4 - 4, rw
Rings:  4, join to the last picot of the previous ring, 4 - 4 - 4, cl rw

Continue Chain & Rings until you reach desired length.




Have a great week-end!!

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

We take our modern equipment for granted! I like doing that split ring braid, makes a handy edging and is a good carry along project.

God's Kid said...

Nice edging pieces!! :)

LinkWithin