Friday, May 31, 2024

Bobbin Lace ...

 I spent
some time winding bobbins.   These are for the June Lace Program of the 

They meet every month at the Arts Federation in Lafayette, IN.
The June 8th program uses a few bobbins and size 20 Lizbeth fiber.

Usually, I wait until the LAST MINUTE to get ready; however,
thought I'd get them wound today.

If anybody is interested - check out the blog for details &
there is also an email if you would like to participate.  Or, if you'd like
to be a guest at the meeting - you are WELCOME.

This is the project I've had on the
lace pillow for awhile.  Purchased the pattern directly from Karen Thompson.
 I've been creating other things and
set it aside.   Time to 'practice' before next Saturday!  

I keep a small
piece (heart) from the L.A.C.E. Chapter - kind of a quick reference.
I should make a copy as I'd be lost without it!

Pattern:  Fans and Spiders Circular Frame
c.Karen H. Thompson

I"m using Lizbeth, size 20 fiber.  Color 623.


 As for tatted icicles, I have them hanging off of my shelves.   I think they'd also look nice in the window.    Or a holiday tree ornament.  The bobbin lace ornament will have wire - to give it a twist.   Should be pretty with the 2.5mm bicone crystal beads.  Stay tuned - hope to have the lace project done shortly after the meeting in June.  





3 comments:

muskaan said...

Good to be prepared - have a great time!
Love the icicles.

Jane McLellan said...

Thanks for showing the icicles hanging up. Very effective. Your frame for holding the wound bobbins looks very handy.

Lavinia said...

Have fun with the bobbin lace! I think it would be easier if they could be made to fit on the sewing machine for automatic winding :)

LinkWithin