Friday, August 09, 2024

Summertime Sunflowers

EDITED

This was a zoom class
thru the Lace Museum, which I set aside,
and kind of forgot about - -


This teneriffe pattern / Kit uses beads and fibers.

 Do you see the beads?




In addition to the Teneriffe Sunflower,
I've started a Needle Lace Sunflower, too
thru the Lace Museum ... next zoom session/video on Tuesday.

Sunflowers are a GREAT theme
for the summer sessions via the Lace Museum virtual education.  I have a few patterns and kits ...

This was the first sunflower, of the summer, that I've completed:
 Class instruction and pattern by Kelli Slack.  Link:  Sunflowers at the Twisted Picot.   

I have a few sunflowers to create -- I have a Spangles kit - beaded lace bobbin.   
(photo from their web site Spangles)

Karen Smock has a class coming up, 
Sunflower on a small Grapevine wreath.  Earlier this year she had a lovely earring/necklace set, Zwirnknopf Sunflower Buttons - which I will enjoy making.   

Also, I came accross the Endruck's Happy Sunflowers, LINK HERE.   (tatting)    Should be fun.

I'm looking forward to see the new class offerings 
for Winter : )
 


 

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

Fantastic sunflower and bobbin!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

You’ll have a whole field of sunflowers. Interesting to see your different techniques.

muskaan said...

So interesting! Sunflower is certainly a nice motif to work in different lace styles.

Lelia said...

Thx. I have enjoyed the variety & still have the Endruck's sunflower pattern on my 'to do' list

Lelia said...

Thank you. I also have the Endruck's sunflower pattern on my table. Now that I have some fiber - want to try it

Lelia said...

thx so much - Summer is great for flowers

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You've inspired me! I just ordered the sunflower kit. It's been a few years since I've done Teneriffe lace. This looks like a fun way to get back into it.

Lelia said...

Joan has WONDERFL kits & instructions. I hope you enjoy making it as much as I have enjoyed creating the bloom

LinkWithin