Monday, July 27, 2026

Sol de Naranjito

 For Tutorial 03 (which has four parts) - You Tube:   I used DMC Cebelia, No. 20, Color 745.

Naranjito Sun 

 My work space -- getting a start with the Sun Lace.

 Pulling the pins out! 

 I'm getting used to the patterns and pillow (w/pins).   My past Teneriffe Lace pieces were created on looms - so these are similar, yet unique techniques to learn.   (Tutorial on the left 1.25"  -- Tutorial on the right 2").   

The kit I purchased has everything needed.   Pillow, carry bag, scissors, threader, fiber, needle, 1" pins, patterns.   [i purchased extra patterns].

In addition - I found a few more  things useful.   Tape measure, small Clover brand clips, DMC needle threader (which holds the needle on a hook for threading), needle gripper to help get the needle thru small areas/anchoring, straight pin puller and pusher (saving my brittle nails), and a pricker for the patterns (again saving my fingers), pincushion, pin bowl -- lace making supplies in general.


The next pattern:   Tutorial 04


Soles Paso de Paso

there are tutorials in English on You Tube
Sol Lace:  Step by Step




 

No comments:

LinkWithin