Friday, February 19, 2010

Improving!

I started with size 3 crochet cotton & large tatsy shuttle
Last night, I did ok with DMC 80 tatting thread
YAY!
I tried reverse with rings & chains
(size 10 crochet cotton)
First attempt very uneven
Joining slows me down - still need to look at instructions & pictures to get it right
Improved when I tried again ... still needing practice

My desk is littered with butterflies, shuttles & books!
Colorful & delightful!

I hope to get good enough to manage
a bookmark - bought the book at
House of Stitches

4 comments:

sewmuchfun4 said...

You are doing GREAT!!! That is such a SWEET little butterfly and your rings and chains look really nice! I don't have Tatted Bookmarks - the crosses on the cover are beautiful.
:) Ann

Jane Eborall said...

Whooopeeee, another shuttle tatter born. Go, gal go!!! Need help? Shout out for those in tat land - they'll all help.

Diana S said...

Hi Lelia, I received my book today! thank you for sending it so quickly! and that tatted butterfuly is darling.

IsDihara said...

I just found your blog, congratulations on conquering new challenges with your shuttle. You're doing GREAT! Those butterflies have me yearning for Spring!

I look forward to adding your blog into my regular rotation of late-night blog reading. Keep up the wonderful work!

LinkWithin