Friday, September 16, 2011

Mom's Butterfly


Lafayette Lacemakers has a new blog.  

(I know! - bored here .... go right over there and check it out)

As I was posting information on their blog pages,
I wanted to find some pix of my tatted projects from
And, when I didn't find any on the computer files - 
I figured I'd pull out one of the projects + take new photos.

I kept thinking about the blue butterfly we worked on in class
and how pretty the finished model looked (at the class ...)
and, remembered where my bag was.

I pulled out the bag, reviewed the pattern and cut off
the size 10 fiber, 
Started over with a size 20 fiber.   

That was around 11:30pm .... Yes, you guessed, lost track of time.   
Cannot imagine how it got to be 2am.

Mom's Butterfly
c. Jennifer L. Titus, 2011

I added more of the edge + think I will complete this tomorrow later this morning.  

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's interesting! Will you have the one round of tatting, or will there be more? Will it be a pendant when it's finished? I never thought about tatting around a shape, other than a doily or hanky.

LinkWithin