Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Just Beyond the Basics: Holiday Edition (3rd post)

First Photograph:Pattern:  Candle [More Options]

cKaren H Thompson, 2020
I completed my 2nd candle (on the rt).   There are three patterns with different color options.  So, the pattern has a total of four candles.   I used DMC perle coton No. 8.  #726 yellow, #321 red.

Second Photograph:
Pattern:  Triangular Motif
cKaren H Thompson, 2020
I used DMC perle coton No. 8.  #580 green.

During our session, we learned how to finish our candle 'flames' AND for the triangular motif, (holiday tree), turn a corner and join the shape together!   We also used a few of our lace tools, horseshoe - pin pusher and pin puller.   Nice to have a loaded toolbox.    And the green tree has errors; however, I learned a lot and plan to make another one soon.   



Better image of the
horseshoe - It is used to keep the fibers
from catching on pins as you turn corners.



If you are interested in learning, the Lace Museum is offering more workshops.   Last time I looked, there were turkish needle lace, beginning tatting, irish crochet,  needle lace, beginning bobbin lace.   Link HERE. 

I've learned a lot in the sessions I signed up for.   And, I look forward to the next workshop!   There are always things to learn!



 

2 comments:

gracie said...

Great job.

God's Kid said...

Beautiful lace projects!!! :)
Merry Christmas!!! :)

LinkWithin