Friday, August 11, 2023

Tatted spiral


I've been creating a tatted spiral, which (eventually) will be inside a clear ornament.  The pattern, Tatted Spiral Ornament, is by a member of the Lafayette Lacemakers At the last meeting, I had a better understanding of the instructions and am giving it a 'go'.   

Supplies are 28 g wire, Size 40 Lizbeth Col. 601, Miyuki #DB602 + Miyuki #DB046 Delica beads.    Silver lined Red and Silver lined Green beads.

I'm about half was thru the spiral.   Once I got the hang of it, it became easier.   Stay tuned ...

 

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That looks like a fun project!

Saundra said...

Thought I'd drop by and check out your blog since you were kind enough to visit mine. I've made my own clothes, knitted, crocheted, have done stitchery and of course I'm a rug hooker, but I've never done tatting or cross stitch. Those are far too delicate for my awkward hands to handle. I admire your talent and oh my those fancy buttons!!!!

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds fascinating, I look forward to seeing the finished article.

LinkWithin