Thursday, April 20, 2023

Bobbin Lace Class


Pattern:  A Taste of Spiders & Such
c. Karen H. Thompson.


I'm using DMC color 959, No. 8 perle coton.


This charming pattern has trails, triangular ground (new to me), spiders (some new to me), and Scandinavian ground.

Yes, I have a way to go : )

[Pincushion gift from GF Carolyn R.  It is beautiful with beaded tatting around the outside edge.] 

Photo below is a photograph from the cover page of the pattern.
The purpose of the pattern, is to learn some of the techniques to make a bobbin lace scarf.   Really ... a scarf.   If you are on Facebook, you may have seen some photographs of the bobbin lace scarf worn by Karen H Thompson.    So, stay tuned, perhaps a pattern / kit will be available.

These are classes thru the Lace Museum





 

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Beautiful. I like seeing your bobbin lace progress, look forward to seeing that scarf!

gracie said...

Wow...beautiful as I would expect your work!

LinkWithin