Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Session Three: Chains, Rings, and Joins


My card is filled in.   Finished the Third Session.

Scheduled were the folded join, reverse join (which I could never get to happen until yesterday), catherine wheel join aka Dora Young join.  Which filled up the rest of my card.

And, I must say, the card has been helpful.   I have little bits of tatting here-n-there and cannot recall what they were, or when they were done, or why I saved them.   Sewing the class tatting bits to a card is quite useful ; )

In addition to the awesome instructions, and the 'how-to' duing the session, Kelli talked about shuttle post before closing rings -- or maybe she said "post shuttle before closing ring" - which I have not been consistent about, opening a closed ring (when & how), putting shuttle thru the work, folding work, swirl join - picot center, spiral flower center, & general fiber chat. 

 I gave the swirl join / (center) picot a try.   I made up a tatting pattern of rings and chains and the final picot went thru all of the center picots of the ring.  Quite interesting to attempt.

I have not tried the spiral flower center - did get a piece of rings and chains tatted and will give that a try.   
 Size 20 - easy rings and chains.  The center will be a brown fiber (I think).   Should be fun to try.

Workshop with Kelli Slack via virtual education, Lace Museum.
It is so nice to have the sessions recorded and available a couple weeks after the class.

Kelli Slack ~ Kelli Slack Designs ~ www.kellislackdesigns.com c.2022

 

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

The course is very comprehensive. Yes, good idea to stick the samples to card, or they’d just be a jumble.

muskaan said...

I am enjoying seeing your accomplishments and organisation! And happy that you are enjoying all the learning!
Just one observation - the 'stacked (center) picot' is actually the Spiral Picot by Nina Libin.

LinkWithin